Wednesday, May 4, 2011

"Kill the Bin in you"

This week world woke up to the news which said "US forces Killed Bin Laden " When I heard this first, I went back down in the memory lane  Sep 9/11 2001 I was at GECIS office and the whole floor was astonished and bewildered by learning what happened at the twin towers.. I remember management and leadership with tense faces as they were enquiring the well being of few our colleagues who were near World Trade centre at that time...10 years ...  and here we are.... I was listening to the people on CNN near ground zero and felt for them, they all had lost their loved ones. The loss is irreparable.

Then I heard one girl who had lost her mother during this attack saying.. "I don’t see any closure, I'm glad the terrorist and the evil man is gone, but Hate for Hate can never get peace and love" This caught my attention.

We are living in the world where the values are diminishing with every second. And we hear people talking about closures on these kinds of issues. I mean I acknowledge the fact that it is a great win in the fight against terrorism... But the question I asked myself - "Is that it?"

Let’s take a pause and look at few things,. Starting from our house... We see people fighting, holding grudges, vowing to demean neighbours, friend’s colleagues as their selfish interest is not met, or there was misunderstanding- is this not thinking the Bin way- Vowing to kill values as something did not appease us, or is not according to us.

Innocent people are killed, Arunima -national player. How low can we get? She lost her leg and the politicians talk about her conspiring to get a job??  Thousands of poor farmers are killed, every year. Politicians are just making money. This is not the story of one city or state, but every country and nation. Why? This is a bigger question at a different level and the point is what about the Bin in us? I mean the thought process we all live with.- Hate, jealousy, grudges... this progresses further as vengeance- sounds philosophical but isn’t this true.??.  In school our teachers and during bedtime our grandmother’s used to teach us- Learn to forgive, love all, and treat one and all as self-. These days’ people who possess these values are considered fools- not exaggerating but it is a fact...

We as a young nation should look back at our culture, value system, and principles. It is an uphill task but not difficult. Charity begins at home and so does the power to love all, give peace and spread non violence. If we have to wipe out terrorism. It cannot just happen by capturing “one Bin Laden”. It is by killing the very root. Wipe the Bin like thinking. I'm just using this name - as we have heard about his deeds which killed so many innocent lives. Nothing against that name personally. The message is kill the bin in you!

Cheers!





No comments:

Post a Comment