Sunday, April 17, 2011

'Excuse me'.. "Do you mind giving me some space "???

Couple of day’s back I was standing out in my balcony wondering what to do... Thought provocation isn’t it?? Laughs... Sun was as mighty as ever..  The thing was Mom and dad went out for some work. Was all alone at home. .. While I was contemplating about few things... door bell rang... It was my cousin... Looking tired... He was locked out of his house LOL.. My aunt had gone out and he did not have the keys.. He was also wandering around in the compound.   So both of us decided to take a small trip around our compound to look at the new plants and the old ones and thought we could chat a bit....

We were standing next to a new Skoda Laura parked under portico- and my cousin was   telling me how important it is to keep a tool kit, spare keys in the car... I suddenly realized something standing next to me. It was a huge TOM cat. With a bushy tail and lovely whiskers, looking straight into my eyes... as though he was telling me:-. “Stranger go away I need to sleep under the car”. Pity I could not capture his expression..

I wanted to pet him. Before we realized he moved away to another car parked and sneaked beneath it... after seconds he came out in disgust... he was dejected... He came to the Laura and looked at us with an expression. Which said "Excuse me, do you mind moving away , this is my space I want sleep"!.. I do not have words to describe the expression...

I moved back and the Tom cat made its way. I realized our compound was the only one in the lane which had greenery.. Few big trees lot of small plants. I see a lot of birds and, squirrels and cats come in... I ran to the gate to look around.. Other than two compounds all the other big houses were demolished and built apartments with very minimal greenery.... I felt sad for these little creatures....

If this is the situation of a small neighbourhood. Then I dare not imagine the state of our cities. But it is true... and very sad...  We are going very far from nature... Before it is too late we must get our act together.. Make our neighbourhood more convenient for these tiny lovable creatures....

Nature teaches us. In fact it gives us hints about what is going to happen in future.. We all get our basic instincts, power, wisdom from nature.. It is time we do something about preserving the same. Let us take a break from mundane activities and think about these things. For a better future!!

From last two days I'm waiting for him... "Tom Cat" but he has not come!!

1 comment: